The goal of Young researchers track is to provide an engaging and friendly environment, in the form of a forum, for students to present their work and receive constructive feedback from other researchers in the field of HCI. We welcome students at various stages of their research, i.e., early doctoral students, BSc, MSc students, to submit and present their work, discussing their research motivation, goals, methods, results, expected novelty and impact at an early stage in their research. It is a unique opportunity on one hand for self-development, by exchanging with other peers and distinguished researchers in their field embracing the importance of innovation and scientific value, and on the other hand for building an effective network with other researchers in the HCI community.
In addition, CHIGreece 2021 track provides students a mentorship channel, offering an opportunity to explore and develop their research interests under the guidance of senior researchers relevant to their research field.
Accepted papers will be listed in the CHIGreece 2021 final program and published on the Web-site as a poster on a dedicated digital space.
Guidelines for the accepted submissions and presentation
Please find below the guidelines for preparing the camera-ready version of your work and submission material due by *** Monday, 22 October 2021 ***:
- Provide a revised - final version of your abstract for publication, considering all the reviewers' comments. The final version will be cross-checked by the chairs.
- Provide a one-page Poster (PNG or JPEG) that will be published as supplemental material to the abstract on CHIGreece 2021 Web-site.
- Submit a three-minute recorded pitch presentation of your work.
You will receive a message with your credentials soon, so as to submit your abstract, poster, and video in the Author Area: https://chigreece.gr/2021/attend/profile/
Please contact the Young Researchers Chairs if you haven’t received the message till Monday, 04 October, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org and in cc email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
Each student will present orally his/her contribution and will be assigned to a senior researcher as mentor, to discuss and get more thorough feedback during the days of the conference. More information will follow soon.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION: At least one author should be duly registered by *** Friday, 29 October 2021 ***. Fail to register at this date will compromise the publication of your work.
Please register also in the Author Area: https://chigreece.gr/2021/attend/profile/
Poster (PNG or JPEG) Requirements
Authors selected for the Young Researchers track are asked to prepare their ONE-PAGE poster (PNG or JPEG) for publication on CHIGreece 2021 Web-site and presentation, so to receive feedback for future directions, by adhering to the guidelines below. Each poster should describe/ structure research as follows:
- Research Title
- Name of the Young Researchers and affiliation + name of the supervisor and affiliation, and a small paragraph describing their background, research programme, stage of research, etc.
- The research objectives and question(s) being addressed
- Motivation outlining the relevance of the research question(s) and referring to related (state of the art) work
- The main research objectives/ contributions in the related research field
- Reference to potential innovation, application and advancement of the related state-of-the-art
- Outline of the proposed methodological approach that will help to achieve the aforementioned research objectives
- Reference to implementation approach, setting and technologies
- Reference to experimentational design, evaluation criteria, sample and data to be used (or preliminary results)
- Indication of the expected impact and added value
- The progress made to date as well as the plan for further research and open questions for discussion
While we don’t have a specific template, there are a number of companies that offer free templates to assist you in creating your Poster (PNG or JPEG). The A0 poster size formatted vertically is the most popular based on the usual, physical dimensions for the CHIGreece 2021 Conference.
https://www.postersession.com/poster-templates.php (see AO 85X120 cm Vertical Poster Template)
https://www.posterpresentations.com/free-poster-templates.html (see option to personalize your template with the International A0 format)
http://www.makesigns.com/SciPosters_Templates.aspx (select your preferred option in a 36 x 48 vertical format)
Three-minutes Video-pitch Presentation
We provide below some proposed guidelines for the preparation of your video-pitch:
- Make sure that you prepare your presentation respecting the allocated time given, i.e., THREE-MINUTES
- To maintain a unified format, videos may be prepared using the instructions from the ACM (useful info here: https://medium.com/sigchi/a-remote-video-presentation-guide-93957c63aa7a), adhering to the following properties:
- 16×9 aspect ratio
- MP4/MP4V format
- The Video Codec is H.264 and the Audio Codec is AAC+ or AAC. MPEG4 PART 10 or AVC
- Use a Picture-in-Picture capable video mixer to display both presenter and slide content (e.g., the free version of Zoom offers this capability)
- You may also accompany your videos with subtitles / captions to meet accessibility standards
- Subtitles must be in the form of a separate SRT format file submitted with your video file in the Author Area: https://chigreece.gr/2021/attend/profile/
- SRT files can be created in YouTube, but must be manually edited. YouTube text-to-speech will miss most technical terminology with unpredictable results.
All registrants will be able to access: your abstract, your Poster (PNG or JPEG), and your video in a dedicated page on CHIGreece 2021 Web-site and dedicated Youtube channel.
If you have any question, please write an email to the Young Researchers co-chairs:
- Katerina Elraheb, Athena Research Center, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anastasios Theodoropoulos, University of Peloponnese, email: email@example.com
September 10 September 24, 2021
Review notification: September 30, 2021
Submission of Camera-ready:
October 15 October 22, 2021
Video pitch submission: October 22, 2021
Registration/Payment: October 29, 2021
Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org and in cc. the chairs email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org